As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months swiftly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a call at 763-535-2000 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t think twice about giving GV Heating & Air in Crystal and Twin Cities a call at 763-535-2000. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.