When it’s chilly in Crystal and Twin Cities you depend on your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might need a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like GV Heating & Air.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to repair.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at GV Heating & Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.