You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at GV Heating & Air have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the new temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your GV Heating & Air technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 763-535-2000.