There’s no getting around the changing weather in Crystal and Twin Cities, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to schedule annual air conditioner service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees may help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your GV Heating & Air expert comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Crystal and Twin Cities. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the pros at GV Heating & Air a call at 763-535-2000 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.