Make your life simpler—start preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service call from your GV Heating & Air pro each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your air conditioner, which can obstruct airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the winter months, don’t forget to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your GV Heating & Air service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the GV Heating & Air team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.