As spring begins, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Crystal and Twin Cities? Particularly if your AC unit is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system checked seasonally by a GV Heating & Air specialist can help spot minor issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy consumption—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little troubles before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine parts and complete a series of AC performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into extensive troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with GV Heating & Air
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our GV Heating & Air pros a shout at 763-535-2000 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.