As springtime rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Crystal and Twin Cities? Especially if your cooling system is recently purchased or was operating good last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit examined annually by a GV Heating & Air pro can help spot small problems before they lead to major breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outside your home, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to maintain intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect inside your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it run longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling expenses and over the years, since you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot small problems before they turn into large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at parts and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into big issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your unit is vulnerable to advanced failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll check the following areas and components:
- Full system condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with GV Heating & Air
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our GV Heating & Air pros a shout at 763-535-2000 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.